Dr. Ghangrekar had filed Indian patents on
- Fabrication of Low Cost Microbial fuel cell using Earthen pot as a proton exchange material. Patent application No. 1198/KOL/2009 date 24/09/2009.
- Earthen material based cathode separator assembly for bioelectrochemical system. Provisional Patent application No. 805/KOL/2013. Date 05/07/2013.
- Development of cost effective membrane cathode assembly for a single chambered microbial fuel cell. Indian Patent Application No.: 1302/KOL/2013 dated 14/09/2013.
- Anode, Cathode and Separator in Microbial Fuel Cell (MFC) for Treatment of Wastewater and Electricity Generation. Provisional Patent filed in March 2014.
- Enhancing organic matter removal from malt based distillery wastewater by Aspergillus awamori pretreatment, for Chitosan recovery, and electricity recovery in microbial fuel cell. Indian Patent Application No.: 822/KOL/2014 dated August 4, 2014.
- A system for simultaneous treatment of wastewater and wastegas using a microbial carbon capture cell reactor. Indian Patent Application No.: 0471/KOL/2015 dated April 28, 2015.