Principal Investigator for
- Development of Microbial carbon Capture Cell under DBT PAN IIT center for Bioenergy, Funded by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. Funding Rs. 66.26 Lakhs. January 2015 to December 2019.
- Principal Coordinator and investigator for DST-UKIERI project titled “Development of high performance carbon nanomaterials for enchaning the cathodic oxygen reduction and performance of anode in microbial fuel cells” Funding Rs. 14 Lakhs /- Rs. Duration: January 2015 to March 2016. DST/INT/UK/P-101/2014.
- Simultaneous removal of organic matter and dissolved inorganic salts from wastewater in microbial desalination cell. Funded by Tata Steel Ltd., Jamashedpur, Rs. 2000,000/-; File No. IIT/SRIC/CE/OMI/2013-2014/149, Duration: February 2014 to January 2016.
- Supporting consolidation, replication and up-scaling of sustainable wastewater treatment and reuse technologies for India (SARASWATI). Under FP7-ENV-2012-one stage, Funded by DST Rs. 81.32 Lakhs (No. DST/IMRCD/SARASWATI/ 2012/(G)/II), Duration: January 2013 to December 2016.
- “Development of Microbial Fuel Cell for Direct Electricity Recovery During Wastewater Treatment” Sponsored by DST under Technology system development programme. Funding Rs. 61.10 Lakhs (DST/TSG/NTS/2012/61), August 2012 to July 2015.
- “Treatment of steam rice effluent” project sponsored by Aquatreat Engineering, Pvt. Ltd. Kolkata, (No. 2009-10/CE/TSRE/11) Rs. 160,000/-. April to August 2009. Completed.
- “Production of bioenergy during wastewater treatment” Research project sanctioned by Ministry of Environment and Forest, New Delhi, India. Funding about Rs. 13,22,213/-. (F. No. 19-35/2005-RE). August 2007-July 2010
- “Software development for providing off-line operational guidelines for anaerobic treatment systems” Project proposed by Science Traveler International, Australia.
- “Treatment and Reuse of Sewage from Small Community” Research Project funded by ISIRD, IIT, Kharagpur. Duration: April 2004 to April 2007. Funding Rs. 3,00,000/-. Completed.
- “Studies on Anaerobic-Aerobic Package Sewage Treatment Plants”, funded by University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India. Duration: June 2003 to June 2006. (F.No. 14-10/2003 (SR)) Rs. 5,60,000/-. Completed.
- “Development of knowledge base for design, operation and maintenance of Upflow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket Reactor”, funded by University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India. Duration: April 1999 to April 2002. (F.No.14-10/98 (SR-I)), Rs. 3,64,080/-, Completed.
- “Development of low cost treatment method for sewage”, funded by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi, India. Duration: April 1999 to April 2002. (F. No.8017/ RDII/ R&D/ Deg (664) /98-99 dt. March 27, 1999 Rs. 6,00,000/-, Completed.
As Co-Investigator for
- Upgradation of laboratory and library facilities for renewable energy programme (ULR). Funded by Ministry of New and Renuable Energy, Govt. of India. Funding Rs. 50.00 Lakhs. Duration 3-05-2012 to 02-05-2017. PI: Prof. R. Banerjee, Co-PI: Prof. S. Chakraborty.
- Award of Fellowship under national renewable fellowships (REF). Funded by Ministry of New and Renuable Energy, Govt. of India. Funding Rs. 61.76 Lakhs. Duration 3-05-2012 to 02-05-2017. PI: Prof. R. Banerjee, Co-PI: Prof. S. Chakraborty.
- “Production of Ligonocellulosic Fuels: from Lab to Pilot Scale (PLF)”. Funded by DBT, New Delhi. Funding Rs. 345.84 Lakhs. PI: Prof. R. Banerjee, Co-PI: Prof. S. Chakraborty, Prof. S. Ray, P.K. Sinha Centre for Bioenergy, IIT Kharagpur. 26-03-2012 to 25-03-2015.
- “P K Sinha Centre Project (PKS)” Project sponsored by Dr. Prabhakant Sinha for enhancing research activities on Bioenergy. USD 150,000. PI. Prof. S. Chakraborty, Co-PI: Prof. R. Banerjee and Prof. M.M. Ghangrekar.
- “Ganga River Basin Environmental Management Plant (GMP)” Environmental quality work group. 3000,000/-. Sponsored by Ministry of Environment and Forest, New Delhi. PI : Prof. D.J. Sen, Co-PI: M.M. Ghangrekar, Dr. A.K. Gupta, Dr. S. Goel.
- “Committee on Rain water harvesting” Member of the committee set-up by Department of Environment, Govt. of West Bengal from 29 September 2011.